With LocalGov Drupal you get more than just a free CMS to develop best practice websites.
You’ll have the option of joining a community of developers, content designers and digital leaders from 22 (and counting) local councils across the UK who share code, user research and ideas to help each other build incredible sites.
There isn't another platform for local authorities that has been built purely for councils, by councils.
Ultimately as part of LocalGov Drupal you'll deliver a much better digital experience for your citizens while saving money.
New features are being developed all the time, all based on the real-world needs of councils.
LocalGov Drupal is built on Drupal 9.
Front End Features
- Subsites can be used to create separately themed sections (this website is built using Subsites!) > view in the demo
- News > view in the demo
- Events > view in the demo
- Multiple types of alert banner > view on the demo
- Directories > view in the demo
Content Page types
- Service landing pages > view in the demo site
- Service pages > view in the demo
- Guides > view in the demo
- Step by steps > view in the demo
Back end features
- revisions and history module
- approvals dashboard
- large variety of patterns, styles and call outs
- quick start install
- modular architecture
- automated testing
- automated checks for coding standards
The LocalGov Drupal content and functionality is designed to meet or exceed WCAG 2.1 level AA. The project also has a target for the administration interface to meet or exceed level AA.
More reasons to choose LocalGov Drupal
- The base theme is lightweight, WCAG AA accessible and responsive.
- Many of our content formats and patterns are based on Government Digital Service standards.
- Everything we’ve built is based on user research and tried and tested by the public sector.
- Members of our community have complete control over their websites and subsites.
- The code is generic enough for councils to use with ease and adaptable enough to create unique websites.
- Content designers, editors and managers can easily make content changes and quickly react to needs of the public and elected representatives.
- Developers can add functionality but also gain functionality that has been worked on collectively.
- We always think long-term and are creating council websites on a platform that will stand the test of time.
- The platform is updated regularly with the latest security updates.
If you would like to find out more or have any questions just drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are always happy to chat about LocalGov Drupal, provide a demo of the platform, or show how councils are using it.